Did you know that termites cause more damage each year than storms, fires and earthquakes combined? Most insurance plans do not cover termite damage and for many homeowners this information is discovered only after they find their home has been infested. If you ever find yourself in this situation, contact Sand Mountain Pest Management today to receive a FREE professional inspection and analysis of your home for treatment.
Serving North Alabama
Whether you are a new homeowner and have never had to deal with termites or a termite warranty or you have lived in your home for several years and just want to play it safe, our professional inspections will provide you with peace of mind.
Helpful Termite Prevention Tips
Subterranean termites feed exclusively on wood materials and have strict moisture requirements. With these characteristics in mind, a lot can be done to prevent an infestation by eliminating the food and moisture resources in their environment. Listed below are a few practical ways to prevent termite infestation by modifying their habitat.
- Repair structural and plumbing leaks.
- Pull all mulch and landscaping back at least 6 inches from the foundation.
- Remove piles of trash and debris from around the home.
- Keep firewood stacked away from the structure.
- Make sure downspouts are long enough to direct water away from the foundation.
- Keep gutters clean.
- Avoid direct wood to ground contact when building porches or decks.
- Have our home professionally inspected at least once per year
For all of your termite control needs, call Sand Mountain Pest Management for service you can count on. If you happen to be dealing with our annoying pests, we can provide you solutions for those as well!